Thursday, October 29, 2009

Goodbye Phuket...



Tomorrow is going to be crazy we have our last teaching and then I have to prepare to LEAVE PHUKET (!) and get a taxi to get a overnight bus to Bangkok! We have a VIP seat which apparently is the only way to travel on bus here or else you are in for a rough ride. We get lay down seats and movies food etc…Felix said it wasn’t bad at all so hopefully I’ll just sleep for atleast half of the 12 hour ride and I will be with two friends in my group who are placed in Bangkok together. When I get to Bangkok it will be HALLOWEEEN which I suspect to also be crazy.
I will be meeting Felix in Bangkok and then we will stay for the night and on Sunday head to Singburi to move into our new place and start teaching on Monday! I thought I was busy now this next week should be insane. Anyways I may not be on the internet as much once I leave Phuket as I have no idea what the internet situation will be at our homestay plus we will be busy in our new schools.
I am sitting in the hotel lobby (by lobby I mean covered area outside beside the pool )and the the night guard always sits here and watches tv. I sat at his little table tonight and he speaks almost no English but has been trying to talk to me for the past hour. He is really nice it’s just hard trying to understand I feel terrible! He just handed me a piece of paper with his name on it though and one for me with a B and he wanted me to finish the rest of my name for him. He has already offered me a meal and now coffee but seeing as its 11pm here and I am full and need to sleep I just had to keep saying thank you but no. I wish I could communicate better :/ Thai is frustrating in that while I have learned and know I will be able to learn much more it is not a language I think I could even even get close to knowing. It’s strange being in a country too where the writing is even in an entirely different script and to us thai words pretty much just sound like strange sounds.Oh well just though I would share. Another very nice thai person encountered so for what it’s worth even if I can’t fully communicate with him I can tell we are friends to him just from sitting here and trying to talk even if it’s not getting too far! Sa-by Sa-by..
Goodnight friends! Hopefully by my next post I will be a REAL teacher and in a different world once again surrounded by water buffalo and rice fields :o
All my love,
brienne

No comments:

Post a Comment